More About Cattle Ultrasound You Need to Know
What can cattle ultrasound do?
- It can detect whether the cow is matched or not;
- Cattle ultrasound can judge the fetal life and development status
- It can detect diseases such as cow uterine effusion, uterine effusion, etc.;
- The thickness of backfat can be seen;
- Detect pregnancy and litter size;
- A gestational week and expected delivery date, distance, circumference, area, heart rate, etc. of pigs, cattle, dogs, horses, goats, camels, and sheep.
- Detect the thickness of backfat;
- Obstetric disease detection (including endometritis, pyometra, ovarian cyst, etc.)
How to ultrasound cattle or cows for pregnancy?
Let’s take cattle ultrasound as an example to look at how to ultrasound cattle or cows.
Cattle Ultrasound preparation
1. Select a cow before using cattle ultrasound, and then figure out the cow’s breeding status and breeding records.
Generally, the breeding days of adult cattle are more than 30 days, and the breeding days of young cattle are more than 25 days.
2. Fix the cows in the cowshed and avoid letting the cows move back and forth. Then, put on gloves and reach into the cow’s rectum to take out the dung and try to clean it out.
3. To prevent damage to the cattle ultrasound probe, please make sure to remove the feces in the cow’s rectum;
Otherwise, not only will the image clarity be poor, but it will also cause wear to the probe, thereby reducing the life of the probe.
4. When checking the cow, first touch the position of the cow’s uterine horns and ovaries, understand the developmental changes of the uterine horns and ovaries on both sides of the cow
Then determine which side of the cow has changed in the uterine horns and the ovaries are fuller and warmer.
Determine which side of the uterine horn the veterinary ultrasound probe should be placed on, operate, check the image, and judge the result.
5. Finally, the cattle ultrasound will be officially started.
Put the cattle ultrasound probe into the cow’s rectum, place it on the side of the uterine horn to be examined, and then perform a scan.
After the image is displayed, the result is judged.
Remind: before purchasing a veterinary ultrasound machine, be sure to choose a cattle ultrasound machine with clear images and high-cost performance.
For example, the Plen Medica PM-V1Sl is a portable veterinary ultrasound machine with clear images and high-cost performance.
PM-V1Sl is compact, portable, and easy to carry and imported lithium batteries, which have a long battery standby time.
In addition, the PM-V1Sl can not only be used to check the conception of dairy cows but can also be used to check the backfat thickness, lean meat rate, reproductive tract diseases, etc.
How Can You Tell A Cow is Pregnant?
There are several common ways to determine whether a cow is pregnant or not:
1. Eyeball judging method: Generally, the eyeball judging method can judge whether the cow is pregnant about one month after mating.
If the cow is pregnant, there will be more obvious blood vessels directly above the cow’s pupils, which are purple-red.
2. Judging method of udder: If the cow is pregnant, the cow’s udder will expand rapidly, and the nipples will become thicker.
However, this method has low accuracy.
3. Appetite judgment method: Most cows are pregnant, and their appetite will increase significantly, their weight will also increase, and their coat will be smooth.
However, this method is prone to misdiagnosis and has a low accuracy rate.
4. Cattle ultrasound judging method: The veterinary cattle ultrasound is used to judge whether the cow is pregnant or not. The accuracy rate is very high.
The veterinary b-ultrasound can accurately determine whether the cow is pregnant and detect the number of litters, thereby avoiding empty cups.
5. PM-V1Sl handheld veterinary ultrasound machine can detect whether a cow is pregnant or not. It is not only fast and accurate but also has clear images and is convenient to carry.
The PM-V1Sl cattle ultrasound machine
It is a cost-effective veterinary ultrasound machine. Suitable for cattle farms, pig farms, sheep farms and other farms.
It can reduce empty cup feeding and increase animal reproduction rate.
The above is the relevant introduction on how to judge the pregnancy of cows.
The current faster and more accurate pregnancy test method for cows is to use the veterinary b-ultrasonic machine.
Can cattle ultrasounds detect embryos dead or not?
1. Cattle ultrasound can be for checking whether the cow embryo has a heartbeat. If there is no heartbeat, it can be regarded as embryonic death;
2. Cattle ultrasound can be for checking whether the amniotic membrane is intact. If the amniotic membrane is incomplete and damaged, beware of embryonic death.
3. Through cattle ultrasound, if there is a disintegration of limbs in the cow’s uterus, incomplete condition, or white spots in the membrane, it may be the death of the embryo.
4. Through cattle ultrasound examination, if the embryo size and development are abnormal, it may also be the death of the embryo. The above is the relevant introduction of how much cattle ultrasound cows use.
It is hoped that farmers can follow up their own economic conditions for the economic benefits of the cattle farm and purchase a cattle ultrasound machine for cattle promptly.
Cattle ultrasound cost-How much is a cow ultrasound?
The cattle ultrasound cost is about 1000-1200 US$.
If it is only used to diagnose cow pregnancy, you recommend choosing a cattle ultrasound machine for around 1000US$.
However, if you want to do other tests, such as disease diagnosis, backfat thickness detection, etc., it is recommended to buy a slightly higher-priced cattle ultrasound machine.
The price of cattle ultrasound for diagnosing cow pregnancy is not fixed and will be affected by brand and purchase channels.
Because there are many ultrasound machines for cattle, and different brands have different ultrasound machines for cattle.
Where to Buy cattle ultrasound machines?
In addition, there are many ways to purchase cattle ultrasound machines, such as online and offline.
However, the channels for users to purchase cattle ultrasound machines are different, and the prices of ultrasound machines for cattle are also different.
Generally, they are offline to buy cattle ultrasound machines. It is recommended to buy the machine from the veterinary ultrasound machine manufacturer.
The price is relatively low, and the price is relatively high if it is purchased through dealers or agents.
And if you buy cattle ultrasound machines online, it is recommended to go to a regular website.
Do not buy because of low prices; otherwise, the quality will not be guaranteed, but the image clarity will be checked, and there will be no after-sales guarantee.
And, of course, you can buy cattle ultrasound machines from PLEN Medical at a lower price.
Reminder: Because there are many models of veterinary ultrasound, the use of each model is different.
In addition, different animals are diagnosed, and the methods used are also different.
Therefore, it is recommended that you use the cattle ultrasound correctly according to the model of the machine and the animal.
If you can’t use it, you can consult the after-sales personnel.
Generally, large-scale and well-branded manufacturers have dedicated after-sales personnel.